Sen. Brad Hawkins is pleased that 10 projects throughout the 12th District, totaling more than $10 million, are funded in the final capital budget proposal agreed upon by House and Senate negotiators.
“I’m thankful that House and Senate Republicans had opportunities to engage directly in this budget process, and I appreciated the discussions with my Senate colleagues and House seatmates about 12th District projects,” said Hawkins.
The entire list of 12th District projects in the final capital budget can be viewed here. They include:
- Chelan-Douglas Regional Port Authority port trades project: $3,000,000
- Wenatchee City Pool Repairs: $550,000
- Wenatchee Valley YMCA: $515,000
- Chelan-Douglas Food Distribution Center: $1,030,000
- City of Brewster Canyon Well House: $480,000
- City of Brewster Sewer Upgrade: $2,800,000
- Lake Chelan EMS Design: $191,000
- Peshastin Cross Over Siphon Pipe: $309,000
- Town of Elmer City Fire Station Improvements: $772,000
- Brewster School District: $933,000
A supplemental state capital budget typically makes only modest updates to the original two-year budget, but Hawkins says this one is larger due to federal infrastructure bill dollars.
The House is expected to vote on the compromise supplemental capital budget tonight, followed by a Senate vote on the spending plan tomorrow. The 2022 legislative session is scheduled to end Thursday.